Sunday, February 24, 2008

Let's Surrender and Go Deeper

Monday 2/4 D/D notes – Damaris
Cara and Erika absent
No outside gaze
LETS SURRENDER AND GO DEEPER

Evening Format:
6:30 – 7:30 Sitting and Personal awareness practice
7:30 – 7:40 Break/the Gaze
7:40 – 9:30 two sets of Light & Dark of 45 minutes each with a 15-minute silent break
9:30 - 10:00 Housekeeping/Discussion

Light & Dark Menu
Barbara is using a timer with a meditation or mindfulness alarm, so that the Aunt can be timed without someone watching the clock. Working with an evolving solo quad form, lights, stones, musing stool, votives.

How to write about this 45 minute Aunt? When the lights go out the first thing I notice is the beautiful reflection of the lights on the snow from the parking lot through the studio windows. The solo quad space is demarcated with votive candles. This is the first act in the Aunt. I notice the sound of the smooth stones in Cara’s hand and the sound of Christa eating an apple. I yearn to hear text in the space about the process but am to shy to do so myself. As myself, how does the gaze participate as a laboratotian?
EL & KK enter into gorgeous conversation about what’s happening. It seems that the text is most vibrant when talking about in the moment perceptions while keeping track of themes. I feel there was a big shift in the culture that I missed last week, but that I still understand.

post AUNT discussion
BD As we evolve it’s interesting to note the difference between “am I anxious because they’re watching, so its time for me to leave now, or (the space is telling me it’s) time to leave now.

The husks fall away
We’re committed, so were here
Let’s surrender
And go deeper

Housekeeping
No notes

No comments: